The Award winning Methane Momma is a funk-psychedelic-space opera featuring Melvin Van Peebles & Paula Henderson.
Official Selection to festivals notably:
– Aesthetica Short Film Festival (BAFTA-recognized)
The film was made because of the music the London based musicians collective The Heliocentrics (facebook.com/TheHeliocentrics/) and based on the poem of Melvin Van Peebles
DoP Joe Foley with Stéphane Lenhof
Global warming, greenhouse gas emissions, wars… Life on Earth has disappeared. Survivors wander in space aboard spacecraft.
The Award Winning Methane Momma is a green pamphlet that reminds us that we must protect our environment and respect life…
– An Epicurean parable illustrating an apocalyptic future where life on earth has disappeared but lives on in the cosmos.
– An optimistic meditation on Pascal’s perception of the loneliness of the human in front of the mysteries of the Universe and the journey after death.
– A full of humor film where a whacky biologist becomes a methane loving cloud while searching an autonomic space module which became crazy on an unknown planet.
Reflection on the value of life and the importance of the balance between human and natural resources which their lives depend.
It is a modern and committed work inspired by solidarity, co-creation and recycling, a thought about environmental awareness and the value of Life.
Methane Momma is a hybrid work that links between music, film, science, ecology, solidarity and love:
– The collective consciousness is now ecological, technological, united and peaceful… There is not a day without anyone talking about global warming, species in danger of extinction, risks related to pollution of soil and water…
– We are now looking for planets to create settlements.
The film innovates by blending animated sequences to sequences « recycled », already produced and royalty free of Earth and space provided by the ESA and the NASA.
– A world first Microbial Art:
So, I wanted to combine elements taken from the scientific research in order to mix shots of living bacteries with compositing.
The goals are that people does not ask themselves if what they see is real or virtual and that they let themselves be rocked by the cosmic journey of Methane Momma.
It’s definitly a funk-psychedelic-space opera, a musical-concept film using the latest technology to tell a science-fiction story transporting the viewer into an interstellar, metaphysical, mental and psychedelic journey …